So we’re well into January 2018 now and this is my first post, I’m not going to apologise for my absence or make any promises about future posts to come because this year my blog is a hobby and nothing more. I’ll write posts when I feel like it and it might take me a while to edit and publish them so you’ll have to bear with me!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and new year and I’d love to hear what you all got up to over the holidays so please leave me a comment to let me know! I could easily ramble on about all the fun stuff I did over Christmas but that’s not what this post is about, it’s about looking forward and making plans for the year ahead so I’ll just dive into my list of resolutions, goals and plans for the year ahead.
- To improve my diet – basically just a firmer way of saying ‘to eat healthier’ because I spent half of 2017 eating rubbish and feeling rubbish so that needs to stop.
- To get a new job – I’m not happy where I’m working at the moment and I’ve decided that I’m too young to be working in a job that doesn’t make me happy so I’m going to take action and do something about it.
- To look after myself more – both physically and mentally, I need some TLC. I’ve got a great gym membership that I intend to utilise and I’m putting more effort into my everyday appearance which brings up my confidence massively. I’m also looking into guided meditation with apps like calm and headspace and youtube videos to help me stay in control of my anxiety and keep a level head in my everyday life. I started noticing a lot of negative thoughts towards the end of last year such as ‘I don’t like this’ or ‘I wish that was like that’ and I was getting grumpy over the smallest things so I’m making a conscious effort to think and speak more positively.
- To watch less tv – Until very recently I was watching either youtube videos or netflix when I was getting ready in the morning and then watching either a film or again netflix in the evenings every single day and I don’t think that’s very healthy so I’m having at least 1 day a week where I don’t watch any tv, films, youtube or netflix to try to break the bad habit.
- To buy a house – This is obviously a huge goal for me but I think it’s a doable one so myself and Tom are hoping to buy our very own house this year, how exciting?!
- Do some creative projects – I’m going to try to give myself more time to bake, draw, write and create things just for the fun of doing it because I think creativity is great for your mental health and even though I’m not very good at creative things I do enjoy it.
This isn’t all of my goals and plans for the year because I don’t want to bore you all too much so I just picked out 6 things to keep myself accountable and to also give you some ideas if you haven’t mapped out your own yet. If you’ve set yourself some goals/ plans for the year I’d love to hear what they are so please let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading and until next time, goodbye!