I started blogging years ago now and over that time I’ve learnt a lot of things. Some things are very completely useless but some have helped me develop and grow my blog. I’m not the best blogger in the world but I’m happy with every part of my blog at the moment and I think that’s an achievement in itself so I wanted to share some of the things that I’ve learnt since starting my blog:
- The blogging community is full of fantastic, supportive people
- Being a ‘blogger’ actually means being a writer, editor, photographer, publisher and a business administrator along with handling the pr and marketing and anything else that’s required
- It’s possible to cry about how proud you are of the way a certain blog post turns out, especially if you’ve put in a lot of time and effort
- You don’t have to be organised to run a blog, but it helps… a lot!
- When you get a nice comment on a blog post, it can brighten up your whole day
- You’ll never have enough time to write all the blog posts you want to write
- Not everyone will ‘get’ your blog, especially non-bloggers and that can sometimes be disheartening
- It can be very to make your blog original, just because there are so many other bloggers out there trying to do the same thing but I think that’s actually a good thing
- A lot of brands will try to take the p*ss by asking you to write blog posts about their products for free. I sometimes review products that I’ve been sent but only if I actually like them and would’ve blogged about them anyway
- You’ll never forget the first time someone offers to pay you money for a blog post
I’d love to hear what you’ve learnt about blogging so please leave me a comment to let me know!
Here’s another post I think you’d enjoy: My tips for new bloggers